Are you ready for some life changing winnings? While there are no guarantees, lotteries can certainly provide the rags to riches inspiration that we all seek. As a relatively simple and cheap form of betting, these low stakes wagers offer the ultimate reward. In fact, the biggest Canadian lottery win ever recorded was over CA$70 million in the Lotto Max draw in January 2020. Now, can you imagine what you would do if that was you?
But, how do you find the best lotteries that Canadians can bet on (regional, national and international)? Well, that’s where we come in. Instead of wasting your time playing them all, Online Slots Canada will play them for you. Using a stringent set of criteria, we review and rank them so you can get a quick view preview of the very best.
Play Penny Slot Machines at these Top Rated Casinos
- Claim $1600 Free over 4 deposit match bonuses
- Many deposit options incl; Visa, PayPal, Neteller, Interac
- Super Fast cash outs and 24 hour customer service
- The "home of Jackpots"
- For Slot Junkies, it doesn't get better than All Sots
- Generous new player sign-up offer of $1500 FREE
- Play slots directly from your mobile device or PC
- Enjoy the thrills and join today!
What Are Lotteries?
Lotteries are one of the most popular – and socially acceptable – forms of gambling. It involves the drawing of numbers at random for a prize. The jackpot amount is usually won when all the numbers in a specific sequence are selected. Minor prizes are awarded for guessing at least part of the sequence correctly. Lotteries are outlawed in certain countries / regions, while others, such as Canada, endorse it. Locally, they’re governed by 5 different gambling bodies, which are;
- Atlantic Lottery Corporation (ALC)
- British Columbia Lottery Corporation
- Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation
- Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC)
What Are Online Lotteries?
Thanks to the advancement of internet technology, customers can now buy tickets to all their favourite lotteries online. This means that mega draws in different regions, or even in different countries, are no longer off limits to Canadian citizens. They’re even some lotteries that take place exclusively online. Some popular sites to play include;
The Canadian Lotteries?
They’re a number of Canadian Lotteries, some of which are national, while others can only be played in their specific region. Customers are also able to play international lotteries, including the popular US-based Powerball draw.
Lotto Max: Draws take place every Tuesday and Friday. The jackpot prizes range from CA$10 million to CA$70 million. Players get 3 sets of numbers for every $5 ticket. Each set comes with 7 numbers, so players get 21 numbers in total.
Lotto 6/49: Draws take place every Wednesday and Saturday. The jackpot prizes range from CA$5 million until it is won (accumulated amount). Players get 2 sets of numbers for every $3 ticket they buy. 6 numbers from 1 to 49 are chosen for the main draw.
Daily Grand: Draws take place every Monday and Thursday. The prize is to win CA$1,000 a day for the rest of your life. One $3 ticket will get you a choice of 5 numbers from 1-49, as well as one Grand Number from 1-7.
Lottario (Ontario): Draws take place every Saturday. The jackpot prizes range from CA$250,000 until it is won (accumulated amount).
Ontario 49 (Ontario): Draws take place every Wednesday and Saturday. The jackpot prize is CA$2 million.
BC/49 (British Columbia): Draws take place every Tuesday and Friday. The jackpot prize is CA$2 million.
Western Max (Prairie Provinces and Territories): Draws take place every Wednesday and Saturday. The jackpot prize is CA$2 million
The Canadian Lotteries?
Examples include; countries’ National Lotteries, the US Powerball, EuroMillions, Mega Millions, Lotto2020 and many more. They’re also a host of scratch cards and other types of international games up for grabs.
What Are the Most Popular Lotteries in Canada?
In general, the lotteries with the best odds and the biggest wins are the most popular. Lotto Max has the highest starting prize, as well as the highest jackpot cap. Depending on the accumulated amount that is generated, certain lottery draws may be favoured at different times. In terms of odds, you have a 1 in 28.63 million chance of claiming the Lotto Max jackpot. There’s a 1 in 13.99 million and a 1 in 13.34 million chance of winning the Lotto 6/49 and Daily Grand prizes respectively.
Why Play Canadian Lotteries?
They’re a variety of reasons why you should play the lotto, both for fun, as well as over and above online casino games. In summary they’re;
- Easy: It’s as simple as choosing a sequence of numbers – there’s no learning curve or new skills to acquire. This process is made even easier with the ability to buy lottery tickets online.
- Cheap: Many online casino games have high minimum bets, meaning that you would need to spend a large amount to both play and stay in the game (upping the ante). Lottery tickets are relatively cheap, a once off cost, starting at $3.
- Fun: There’s nothing quite like the excitement of the draw! The process of choosing numbers, creating patterns and even a possible a betting strategy just adds to the fun.
- BIG Prizes: While online casino games offer better odds, the prizes are rarely as great. Some lotteries have almost infinite winnings – the jackpot just accumulates until someone wins. The largest ever recorded in Canada was over CA$70 million.
How to Purchase Lottery Tickets Online
Now that you’ve found your ideal lottery site and lottery game, all you need to do is sign up, pay and play. This is how you do it;
- Choose an online casino and/or lottery. Not all gambling sites sell lottery tickets – so check before signing up. Our recommendations ensure that all selections are licensed, legal and valid.
- Create an account. This will require filling in some personal information, such as birthdates and addresses. This is followed by an identity verification process – it usually takes a few hours, sometimes days to complete.
- Choose your payment method and/or add your credit card details. Most online lotteries also allow payment via bank transfers, debit cards or using e-payment services, such as PayPal.
- Choose an amount, send it to your online lottery account and wait for it to reflect. The good news is that you don’t need to spend a lot to play the lottery.
- Select a category (e.g. lottery, keno, scratch cards, etc.), region (e.g. local, national or international) and game (e.g. US Powerball). Now, all that’s left to do is to choose your numbers and play. Good luck!