Welcome to the wonderful world of real money online slots – a great way to line your pocket from the comfort of your own space! If you are new to playing slots online then you have definitely come to the right page. The mechanics of the game couldn’t be simpler – you just place your bet, spin the reels and hopefully win some cash – but there is so much more involved! What most beginners don’t realise about playing at online casinos is that a lot of planning and research is required beforehand. Aspects covered must include the following:
- Deciding where you would like to play
- Understanding casino software
- Understanding the registration process and documents required
- Finding available casino deposit methods that you can trust
- Learning how and when you can make casino withdrawals
Overwhelmed? We are here to guide you every step of the way!
STEP 1: How to find the right casino brand for you
The first thing you would need to establish is how and when you would you like to play slots online. Would it be desktop based, or will you be playing from a mobile device while on-the-go? The format is another thing to consider, would you prefer to log-in and play instant games from your browser, or download the casino’s library of games onto your machine? We ask these questions because online casinos are categorised into three groups – Instant play, download, and mobile – so a clear idea right from the start will greatly narrow down your search for an online casino!
The type of software employed by the casino is the second important factor when deciding where to play. The better the brand, the more options are available to you, not to mention a bigger variety of top quality slot titles to choose from. Canadian-favoured software brands for slot games include Microgaming, Netent, Playtech and IGT.
Finally, most online casinos will try to entice you with a welcome bonus – and depending on the reputation of the casino, such as the ones we recommend, the offerings are usually well worth considering. Check which bonus deals suit your pocket and whether you can comfortably meet the required terms and conditions – read beforehand!
The great thing about online casinos is that many will enable you to give them a test drive without the need to deposit any money. This is a good way to familiarize yourself with the website and try out some of the games.
STEP 2: The registration process
Once you have settled on a casino the next step is to register with them and open your player account. The process is very simple and shouldn’t take you more than a few minutes. Whether you have opted to download the software or log directly into the site there will be a clearly marked section for you to “register” or “open an account” – in most cases as soon as you open the casino site you will be prompted to register. From there you will be required to fill in some data. The pages will differ slightly from one casino to the next but the information required is standard and includes your basic personal information (name, address, telephone and email) and your new gaming account details (username, password, confirmation, security question & response). In instances where you accepted a bonus as part of your sign-up deal, you will be required to input the bonus code as well.
When registering it is critical that you always fill in the correct data as any errors or discrepancies will cause frustrating delays when it comes to cashing out your winnings. Casinos have strict verification processes and typically require at least two identity documents and a copy of your credit card. If the data matches up and you have met all the conditions you shouldn’t encounter any problems.
Always read the casino’s terms and conditions before signing up!
STEP 3: Making a deposit at the casino
Funding your newly registered account is quick and easy – here’s what you do:
- Log into your casino and click on the banking icon.
- Depending on the site layout, navigate your way to the cashier section to see the deposit options available.
- Find your method of choice and click on it.
- Fill in the amount you wish to deposit and click “ok” or “proceed” to complete the transaction.
- Depending on the method you selected you may be directed to a separate page to log into your payment account – follow the instructions to complete the payment.
Upon completion you should be able to start playing straight away as virtually all popular deposit methods offer instant deposit times.
STEP 4: Choosing the right online slot game
When you’re finally ready to dive in and start playing you’ll discover that there are literally hundreds of slot titles to choose from. Here are some factors to look at when deciding what you might like:
- Structure. Slots vary in design, starting with simple 3-reel classics like the fruit machines you would find in a pub, to more advanced machines that sport 5-reels and multiple paylines.
- Betting options. Consider your budget, do you want to bet dollars or pennies? There’s a slot for every type of bankroll!
- Theme. Slots have come a long way and you will find pretty much every theme you can imagine – romance, adventure, horror, movie-based etc.
- Bonus features. These vary from slot to slot and typically consists of free spins, mini bonus games, wilds and multipliers. They add another level of excitement to your gaming experience and can often be very lucrative.
For more on this topic, feel free to visit our guide to choosing the right slot game.
STEP 5: Expected support available at the casino
Expert and friendly assistance is always on hand should you encounter any technical, accounting or other issues when playing online. Online casinos usually accommodate various lines of communication with its customer services department, such as phone, email and live chat. You should also be able to find comprehensive help sections to immediately address common concerns.
Online Casinos love to continuously reward registered players with ongoing promotions, tournaments and weekly purchase matches based on your deposits, wins or losses. Make sure to check it out!
STEP 5: Making a withdrawal at the casino
When it comes time to cash in your winnings, the process works along the same lines as making a deposit. You need to visit the cashier section and select the appropriate options until the transaction is completed.
Take note of the following when making withdrawals:
- You can only withdraw your winnings once you have satisfied the wagering requirements (this mostly applies when accepting a bonus deal or other promotional offering)
- Not all the same banking methods are accepted for withdrawals as with deposits – check the cashier page beforehand to make sure your choice is accommodated.
- Withdrawals are always subject to a holding period for security reasons. Depending on the withdrawal method you have requested this could take 24 – 48 hours or a few working days.
Best Online Slots Casinos for Beginners
- For the best in amazing mobile gambling
- $1000 welcome offer over 4 match deposits + 122 free spins
- 800+ games to keep you entertained for hours
- Named "King of Mobile Casinos" for a reason!
- Claim $1600 Free over 4 deposit match bonuses
- Many deposit options incl; Visa, PayPal, Neteller, Interac
- Super Fast cash outs and 24 hour customer service
- The "home of Jackpots"