Different Types of Welcome Bonuses
- Match Bonus – the most popular type of promotional bonus you will come across as a new player is a deposit match/percentage match bonus. Simply put, the casino will match you deposit entirely or as a percentage.
- No Deposit Bonus – this bonus allows you to play casino games without having to make a deposit. Typically the amount coupon amount is very low '$10 Free' A favourite amongst players but sadly not often promoted by the casinos themselves.
- Free Spins – a very popular method and almost always specific to free spins on slots. For example 100 Free Spins on Starburst when you register at Royal Vegas'.
- Free Time – very rarely used as a promotion. With this bonus type, you will be given a certain amount of time to play specific games at the casino.
Bonuses for Existing Players
Most of these bonuses mentioned below are for players who continue to play consistently, over an extended period of time, at the same casino.
For this, your loyalty is rewarded. It will also make you think twice about bonus hunting and switching to another casino due to the administrative task of KYC etc when signing up.
These retained player bonuses are awarded at any frequency of time and all depend on your level of play at the casinos in terms of wins, losses, and deposits.
High Roller Bonus
Eligible for players who deposit large sums of money but also place bigger bets. Due to the size of these high roller deposits, it's likely the casino will only match the deposit at a lower percentage.
Deposit Method Bonuses
Here you can receive an extra cash boost e.g. 10% when you deposit with a select eWallet like Instabedit or Neosurf. Although, we have never seen promotions with major credit cards like Visa or Mastercard.
Reload or Weekly Match Bonuses
This bonus is awarded to players who are regularly at the casino. These are awarded at the discretion of the casino and must be claimed within a set time.
Is a sort of refund the casino will give you on any losses you incur when playing. This usually happens if a player loses a large sum quickly. It also depends on other factors like their style of play or how loyal they are to the casino.
This bonus is awarded to loyal players who have been playing for a few months at the casino. The loyalty or VIP programme has different levels, and the higher you climb, the bigger bonuses you receive. Online casinos may also give you loyalty points that accumulate and which you can purchase various boosts and gifts.
Refer-a-friend to the casino and you will receive a small promotional coupon e.g. $10 Free.
How Bonuses Work
You might be thinking wow, I am going to sign-up, get my free bonus money and then cash-in my winnings and move on to the next casino – EASY!
Sorry, this won't be possible thanks to restrictions called wagering requirements which are attached to almost every casino bonus offer out there.
Wagering requirements, also known as 'play-through requirements' stipulate that you must wager the bonus amount, or the bonus amount plus the deposit amount, a certain number of times, before any winnings may be withdrawn.
For example. If you deposit $100 with a match bonus of 100% PLUS the requirement is that the bonus needs to be played through 20 times, you will need to make $2,000 worth of bets/wagers off of a $200 bankroll before any winnings can be withdrawn.
The amount of times wagers must be made can vary drastically from one casino to the next. It can go as high as 60x therefore it is critical for players to understand the wagering requirements first and foremost and feel comfortable that they can be met.
Match Deposit Percentage
When accepting a match deposit bonus, make sure you know exactly how much the casino is contributing. It will either be a fractional percentage match, like 25% (typically comes with a large money limit to play for) or a 100% match, where the casino meets you halfway. The latter will obviously be easier on your pocket.
Some casinos only allow certain games to contribute towards satisfying the wagering requirements. In addition, qualifying games contribute in varying percentages. For example, slots typically contribute 100% while other games contribute far less or nothing at all. It, therefore, makes sense to opt for games offering the highest percentage, as you can clear the requirements in a much quicker time.
Check out the time requirements before committing to a bonus deal, as many offers expire within two to four months. If you have not met the wagering requirements within the given timeframe, you will lose the bonus money.
Penalties and Restrictions
Not adhering to wagering requirements, like playing prohibited games, can result in penalties being incurred. Players can also run the risk of losing their bonus winnings altogether in cases where they wish to cash out before completely satisfying the requirements.
Where to Look for Casino Bonuses
Comparison and review sites such as ours will list a number of different bonuses offer across their site.
You may find that the same casino across various brands lists different bonus offers. And some casinos review sites will have a very long list of bonus offers making it extremely hard to choose the right one.
Not only that but how can a review site have such intimate knowledge of 80+ casino brands?
So, at SlotsOnlineCanada.com we decided to do the hard section on your behalf and only present casinos and their offers that we have complete faith in promoting to you.
How do you Claim a Casino Bonus?
There are very slight differences on how-to-claim a match bonus vs a no deposit welcome bonus.
It is also important to point out that if you would prefer to simply play casino games without having to meet or fulfil terms and conditions or wagering requirements you can opt not to receive a bonus.
Claim a no-deposit Bonus
- 1 Sign-up and register all your details.
- 2 You do not need to make a deposit.
- 3 Your free spins or cash bonus will automatically be credited to your bonus account.
- 4 Know which games you can play and the game contributing percentage.
- 5 Once you meet wagering and any other Terms like making a minimum first deposit, only then can you withdraw your winnings.
How to Claim a Deposit Match Bonus
- 1 Sign-up and register your details.
- 2 Opt-in to take part in the welcome bonus offer. This can be done by clicking a 'Claim' button or by entering a bonus code that will have been provided to you on the website.
- 3 Make your first deposit depending on how you would like to maximize the percentage match allocated to that deposit.
- 4 You will need to meet wagering requirements and other terms (claim within a specific time frame), only then can you withdraw your winnings.
- Read and understand the instruction related to the promotion.
- Be aware of any wagering requirements attached to bonus money.
- Play responsibility and set limits.
- Fail to complete the promotion in the given time frame.
- Sign-up multiple accounts. If you do this the casino has every right to lock your account. You will not be able to play at the casino any further.
- Exceed your set playing limits.