- The lower-value symbols are 10 to A card royals.
- 10 pays 0.4x your stake for 3 on a payline.
- J pays 0.5x your stake for 3 on a payline.
- Q pays 0.6x your stake for 3 on a payline.
- K pays 0.7x your stake for 3 on a payline.
- A pays 0.8x your stake for 3 on a payline.
- The higher value symbols are portraits of the gods and other items.
- A large ham pays 1x your stake for 3 on a payline.
- A horn pays 2x your stake for 3 on a payline.
- The goddess Freya pays 3x your stake for 3 on a payline.
- Thor pays 7x your stake for 3on a payline.
- Odin pays 15x your stake for 3 on a payline.
- The wild is gold lettering that stands in for any other symbol during the bonus game.
- The scatter is Thor’s mighty hammer that activates free spins.
Land and Expand
Two single position reels attached to either side of the grid are called Hot Spots that spin whenever you spin the main reels, but their symbols will not contribute to winning combinations. If matching symbols appear in the Hot Spots and at least two of the same on the main grid, you will receive a respin and the symbols involved will expand to cover the reels they are on, remaining locked in place for the respin. If any further matching symbols land during the respin, they will also expand to cover the reel.
If you land 3 hammer scatters, you will be awarded 8 free spins. If further hammer scatters land on reel 3, you will receive 2 extra free spins each and cause the reels to expand by 1 row. If you get the reels to their maximum 3x7 size, you will have activated 29 paylines. Wild symbols will also appear in the hot spots while the feature is active and will stand in for any symbol that appears in the opposite Hot Spot.
Midgard’s Riches: Land and Expand slot features unique gameplay and a fun take on Norse mythology, but the slot’s winning potential is less than godly. The game’s unique layout and unusual treatment of the theme, which is normally tackled in a much grittier fashion are striking. The vivid colours and cartoon interpretation provide a light, fun atmosphere.
The Hot Spots add an intriguing element to both the base and bonus games and free spins brings everything together with maximised potential thanks to the expanded reels. Sadly, the surprisingly modest maximum payout of $87 000 will drive some players away as the slot’s quirky façade may not be enough to keep them interested.