- The game's lower value symbols are J, Q, K, and A card icons, while the higher value symbols are represented by purple crystals, a magical vial, a gnarled wooden staff, a snow-white stag, a forest nymph and the Wizard himself.
- The J and Q symbols pay 6x your stake for 5 of a kind
- The K and A symbols pay 2x your stake for 5 of a kind
- The crystals and vial pay 5x your stake for 5 of a kind
- The staff pays 6x your stake for 5 of a kind
- The stag pays 8x your stake for 5 of a kind
- The nymph pays 16x your stake for 5 of a kind
- The wizard pays 30x your stake for 5 of a kind
- The wild is a green orb and substitutes for any symbol except the scatter. This symbol pays out an impressive 80x your stake for 5 of a kind
- The scatter /bonus symbol is a red rose and triggers free spins.
- Free Spins
- Free spins are triggered by landing 3 scatters on the 3 central reels. You receive 10 free spins and your chances of the wizard magic feature activating are significantly amplified. This feature can be re-triggered by landing further scatter symbols.
- Wizard Magic
- If a stack of wild symbols appears on reel 3, the wizard suddenly appears with a magical wheel containing all the game symbols. The wheel will spin and randomly select 1 or 2 symbols and the selected symbols won the reels will all transform into wilds, potentially filling up most of the reels with wild symbols and giving you a sizable payout. Alternatively, you will just win 10x your stake.
Wizard of the Woods slot is a competent title with a surprising bonus feature, ideal for someone seeking an uncomplicated experience. The game's visuals and soundtrack are quite on-the-nose in terms of execution of the theme. There is nothing particularly surprising, but the game isn't brash or annoying in any particular way. The highlight of the title is certainly the Wizard Magic bonus feature which can create a huge win for you, provided that there happen to be a lot of the selected symbols on the reels at the time.
This feature does activate quite often, so you will have quite a few chances to get it right. The free spins mode seems to act more or less as a vehicle to give you more shots at the Wizard magic feature and it may have benefitted from some kind of added multiplier to create a solid distinction between the base game and free spins mode. Players looking for a straightforward slot experience will appreciate this title but if you had something a bit more adventurous in mind, you may want to look around a bit more. Wizard of the Woods carries an RTP of 96.02%