- Albeit its retro look and 8-bit graphics, Sidewinder is played on a modern 3x5x5x5x3 reel set where you begin with 243 ways to win, i.e. there is no payline structure, and wins can be formed as long as there are matching symbols on adjacent reels starting from the left-hand side.
- Reel symbols include stars, spades, clubs, diamonds and hearts. There are also bars, 4-leaf clovers, horseshoes, golden bells and lucky red 7s. The 7's are the most valuable paying 8x your stake should you get 5 in combination.
- The areas above and below the symbols is for the Side Winder we will explain further down.
- There are 3 wild symbols regular, top and bottom. They perform the usual functions of replacing other symbols except the scatter (Sidewinder logo) to assist winning formations. The regular wild will only appear on the horizontal reels, the top wild on reel 2, and the bottom wild on reel 4.
- Sidewinder Feature This is the hero of the game and is activated when the top wild triggers the top horizontal reel and/or the bottom wild triggers the bottom horizontal reel. What follows is that you will then play with 576 ways to win with 1 horizontal reel activated or if you have 2 in play, you'll play with 1,125 ways to win.
- Free Spins with expanding wilds This feature is triggered when you land 3 or 4 scatters on reels 2,4, and the horizontal reels. You will then be rewarded with 6 or 10 free spins respectively. During this round both wild and Sidewinder scatters appear on the two horizontal reels should a wild stop on the same position on both horizontal reels, they then join to create an expanding wild. In addition, you will get one more free spin for each Sidewinder scatter that appears on the horizontal reels.
Sidewinder is reminiscent of JFTW's Rainbrew slot, and is intriguing and enjoyable to play. The wild features trigger regularly and so too do the free spins. Sidewinder has an RTP of 96.02%. and offers max wins of 1360 times your stake.