The gameplay contains some unusual elements with free spins and feature spots being the main features. You can bet as little as 0.10 and as much as 100.00 and this slot is playable across all devices.
- The lower value symbols are made up of stony card suit icons, paying out 8x for 5 on a payline.
- The high-value symbols are the game's characters and the game logo; Andy pays 16x for 5 on a payline, Annie pays 20x for 5 on a payline, and The game logo pays 32x for 5 on a payline
- The wild symbol is a ferocious T-rex dinosaur and can stack up to 4 symbols high. This symbol replaces any other symbol for a winning combination and pays 32x for 5 on a payline.
- A burning torch acts more or less as a scatter symbol and activates the game's feature spots.
Perched above each reel is a randomized piece of food that changes every round. This can take the shape of beef, broccoli, or fish, but the food itself is not important. Each food item carries with it a special bonus that is activated when you land 2 torch symbols anywhere on the reels, the torches send up a flame to the feature spot above them, activating its bonus, which can be one of a few options
- A 1x or 2 x multiplier
- Expanding wilds that spread to cover the entire reel
- Extra wilds on the reel under the feature spot
- 2 x or 3x wild multipliers
- A respin that comes with expanding wilds, a 2x multiplier and a 3x wild multiplier
- Free spins
If a flaming torch symbol lands below a free spins feature spot you will instantly get 8 free spins and all current active feature spots will remain as they are for the duration of the feature. Landing further torch symbols under the free spins feature spot will give you a further 2 free spins each time.
Anderthals Slot Gameplay
Anderthals slot is an assembly of some great elements. Variable gameplay, an immersive theme, regular payouts, and quirky features all make for a winning formula. The average RTP of 96.12% and high volatility seem well balanced out as you don't go for too many spins without landing a win and the randomized bonuses held within the feature spots keep a steady stream of excitement flowing down from above.
A peculiarity of this game is that it manages to cater to both casual players and those who veer more towards the high-roller mindset by changing the maximum win potential depending on your bet. Betting the minimum gives you a potential of 11 000x your bet, while anything above that and up to the maximum of $100 puts you in line to win up to 2219x your wager. This simple consideration opens up the appeal of the game to a wide audience which is a shrewd move on Microgaming's part. Anderthals isn't perfect, but it's perfectly enjoyable and you might find yourself becoming a fan.