- The lower-value symbols are stylized animal totem portraits in circular shapes.
- The goose, owl, fox, elk, and mountain lion are all worth 50 coins for 5 on a payline.
- The higher value symbols are an assortment of Arctic wildlife.
- The ermine pays 100 coins for 5 on a payline.
- The hare pays 125 coins for 5 on a payline.
- The arctic fox pays 200 coins for 5 on a payline.
- The polar bear pays 550 coins for 5 on a payline.
- The scatter is a snowflake that activates free spins.
- The wild symbol is a pair of howling wolves that stands in for any other symbol except the scatter and pays 600 coins for 5 on a payline.
The higher paying symbols can appear with a small diamond icon attached to them. These contains a multiplier value of 2x, 3x, or 5x that will be applied to any win where those symbols are involved.
During the base game, any lower value symbols that land on reels 2, 3, 4, and 5 can be transformed into the same higher value symbol.
Landing 3 scatter son reels 1, 3, and 5 will award you 8 free spins. Only high-value symbols will appear on the reels and you could land up to a 5x multiplier on each spin.
Polar picks / Jackpot
Anytime a multiplier symbol lands on reel 1, you could randomly trigger the Polar Picks feature where you will be presented with a grid of golden coins. You will need to choose 11 coins which will then be flipped over one by one. If the coin reveals a purple circle, you will be advanced one space up a prize tree which will give you an escalating cash prize, so the more purples you collect, the more you win. If you are wagering less than $2.25, collecting 11 purple circles will get you to the Powerbucks jackpot of 333.33x your stake, while wagering over $2.25 could get you larger prizes of up to 666.66x your stake or even the Powerbucks progressive jackpot that seeds at $1 million.
Bets of $3.75 or more will activate the Polar Picks Bonus Win Multiplier feature that could pay you out up to 40x your stake.
Powerbucks Arctic Gems slot brings some fun elements together to support a lucrative progressive prize. The Arctic theme is beautifully executed with lifelike depictions of the fluffy white fur-clad creatures and a mesmerising background with shifting colours.
The base and bonus games provide lots of thrills thanks to random symbol swaps and multipliers but the main reason to play this game is undoubtedly the Polar Picks feature which is the gateway to the alluring jackpot prizes. Even if you don’t find the potential for the remainder of the game that thrilling, the prospect of taking home $1 million should be enough motivation for you to give it a try.