Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior Online Slot by NetEnt is a 5×5 reel medium to high volatility cluster pay slot. This title is a slot recreation of the wildly popular Street Fighter II arcade game that changed the face of gaming in the early ’90s. Even casual gamers will instantly recognize the pixelated characters and 8-bit music which have been faithfully recreated along with gameplay elements from the original game. All of this combines to create a unique experience, melding this classic fighting game with a 5×5 reel slot.
The original character designs, backgrounds and small touches that made Street Fighter II an instant classic have been brought back to create a simultaneously nostalgic and novel experience. The game’s central mechanic is a cluster pays feature with similar elements to rolling reels where winning combinations disappear to make way for new symbols. The gameplay is relatively complex with previously unseen levels of interactivity and you will have free spins, multipliers, accumulating symbol gauges and a bonus game to help you fight your way to the slot’s highest potential across all devices.
When you start the game, you will be able to select one of 8 of the original characters from the arcade game. Your selection will affect certain crucial aspects of your gameplay and, ultimately your winning potential. The individual character game enhancements are activated by filling a wild gauge with high paying symbols.
- Dhalsim randomly places 3 or 4 wilds the grid and adjusts the RTP to 96.04%.
- E. Honda puts 3 wild symbols on a single reel and adjusts the RTP to 96.05%.
- Ryu puts 3 wild symbols on a single row and adjusts the RTP to 96.02%.
- Guile gives you 2 vertical wild symbol stacks of 2 symbols and moves the RTP to 96.04%.
- Zangief gives you 2 horizontal stacks of 2 symbols and moves the RTP to 96.08%.
- Chun Li gives you between 2 and 7 wild symbols with an RTP of 96.08%.
- Blanka puts 1 or 5 wild symbols on a single reel with an RTP of 96.08%.
- Ken puts 1 or 5 wild symbols on a single row with a 96.06% RTP.
- The high-value symbols you will see on the screen are character-dependant victory/loss symbols with the lower value symbols being represented as pixelated J to A card icons. Once you select a character, you will do battle against another fighter, with victory being dependant on how many winning combinations you can land as each winning combination reduces your opponent’s health bar, whereas non-winning combos will affect your character’s health.
- The wild is the game logo and substitutes for any other symbol to help you form winning combinations.
- Beat the Boss free spins
If you defeat your opponent in the base game you will be launched into a 4 round boss battle free spins mode. The method to defeat the classic bosses from the videogame is the same as in the base game, with each successive round featuring an increased multiplier bonus:
- Balrog – 2x multiplier
- Vega -3x multiplier
- Sagat – 5x multiplier
- Bison -10x multiplier
- Defeating all the bosses will award you a 100x win and if you lose against a boss you will have a chance to re-do the fight with the Insert Coin gamble feature that can boost your RTP up to 100% but is only available once per free spins round.
- Car Smash
If you lose against your opponent during the base game, you will trigger the car smash bonus game, another iconic element from the original arcade coin-op where the objective is to destroy a car within a time limit. In a departure from the normal spin-to-win, you will take direct control of your character, moving them around to destroy the car, with the chance to win between 5x and 15x your stake.
Street Fighter 2 Slot Gameplay
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior Slot is understandably one of the most awaited titles in recent history. Its lovingly-executed recreation of an arcade classic that changed the world, combined with innovatively crated features makes this a slot you cannot miss. A lot of thought went into the construction of this title; NetEnt has taken genre-bending to new heights as you will feel like you are playing both a slot and a fighting game. Being able to select classic characters with their unique attributes that can directly affect the outcome of the game means that there is a huge replayability element as you may want to see how well you do with different characters. The game’s actual winning potential has not yet been disclosed by the developer, but NetEnt is likely to have attached an attractive monetary incentive for players. Whether you’re a superfan of the Street Fighter games franchise or just casually aware of its existence, this title will likely surprise and enthral you.