- The game's Reel Quest mechanic features hero characters that must advance from the leftmost point on a reel, all the way to the last position on the right where a prize awaits. Each spin has the chance of landing a hero in the first position. In the spaces between the hero and the fortress, various villain or accessory symbols will appear that will either hinder or help the hero on their way.
- The Hero symbols are an assortment of various fantastical warriors while the villain symbols are a mix of obstacles and fearsome creatures.
- The villain symbols are an ogre, a scorpion, wooden spikes, a boulder, and a gorgon.
- The ogre pays 0.5x your bet if defeated
- The scorpion pays 0.6x your bet if defeated
- The wooden spikes pay 0.7x your bet if defeated
- The boulder pays 0.8x your bet if defeated
- The Gorgon pays 0.9x your bet if defeated
- The beast hero defeats Â the ogre villain
- The dragon hero defeats the ogre and spikes villains
- The elf hero defeats the scorpion villain
- The dwarf hero defeats the boulder villain
- The knight hero defeats the scorpion and gorgon villains
- The various accessories provide your hero with different enhancements
- The Fire Potion destroys the spikes
- The spear defeats the ogre villain
- The wooden shield defeats the scorpion villain
- The metallic shield defeats the scorpion and gorgon villains
- The Magic wand defeats all villains
- The chest symbol gives an instant coin prize up to 10x your bet
- The multiplier symbol gives you a 2x multiplier
- The fortress symbols come in 3 types and award various multiplier prizes up to 1000x your bet.
The game does not feature any bonus features apart from the Reel Quest mechanic.
Fortress Charge: Reel quest slot by Microgaming and Crazy Tooth Studios captures the imagination with its novel gameplay but can be a challenging experience. Crazy Tooth Studios are well known for producing exciting, oddball concepts and this is no exception. The side-scrolling adventure action seems strange at first but is quite easy to grow accustomed to and once you do, you will realize how exciting the prospect of getting your hero all the way across to the fortress can be. The visuals are bold and rendered in perfect pc-game style with quirky animations.
The lack of special features means that all your time will be spent hoping you land heroes as this is your only possible way to win. The game's high volatility can present a challenge here as the likelihood of landing a hero and getting them all the way across to the fortress without being thwarted by a villain can feel extremely slim at times. Any potential frustration aside, this slot's uniqueness makes it extremely engaging and intensely satisfying once you attain the prize at the end of the reels.