Selecting the Best Real Money Casino
Before we recommend any casinos or real money slot games to you, we make sure that all casino brands pass our strict partner acceptance test. And we aren't talking about having the standard industry-leading latest games or fantastic bonus promotions. First and foremost, you must be playing in a safe gaming environment. That's why all recommended casinos from SlotsOnlineCanada.com adhere to 4 player-safety criteria:
- Licensed: All casinos recommended are regulated by a recognized licensing body. These are from the top jurisdictions and include the Ontario iGaming Authority, Malta Gaming Authority, the UK Gambling Commission and the Canadian Kahnawake Gaming Commission.
- Fairness: All game providers we recommend feature the Canadian seal of choice from eCOGRA.
- Encryption: To ensure player safety, all sites must have a minimum of 126-bit SSL encryption, but 256-bit is better. This means that your transactions and private data are kept safe.
- Privacy: Each casino has specific legal terms under which they can store and use your data.
We also review online casinos based on several other important criteria. These include examining the payment methods available that are safe, secure and available to Canadians. Feedback from our partners suggests that Interac, InstaDebit and Paysafecard are the best overall methods to use. Additionally, we ensure that casinos employ a 'Know Your Customer' (KYC) protocol to protect your personal information - a frustrating part of playing online but crucial for your online safety.
Lastly, we identify if the casino has above-average client support. We believe the minimum must include 24/7 live chat, email and toll-free-phone access.
Did you know?
Quick Steps to Getting Started:
- Find the perfect real money casino
- Sign up to the site, inputting your details
- Verify your account
- Choose your preferred payment option and make a deposit
- Find your favourite real money slot game
- Check the slot information so that you are ready
- Set your bet and the number of paylines you want to use
- Start spinning the reels
How to Find the Best Real Money Slot to Play?
Once you have found the perfect casino, it's time to find the ideal slot game. These vary in type from classic 3-reel slots, video slots and jackpot slots. Each slot is different, with several options to consider, depending on your style of play and budget. Of course, depending on what you want from the slot, those listed here will vary from player to player.
- RTP: Also called return to player rate. This is the theoretical percentage you can win back over time. The best RTP is usually over 96%, which is the industry average.
- Volatility/variance: This is the frequency at which wins will occur, but it also indicates the size of these wins. Low volatility games will have regular, small wins often suited to those with a limited budget. In contrast, high variance games will have massive wins, accompanied by long dry periods. Medium games sit in the middle of these two extremes.
- In-game bonuses: these types of bonuses can include multipliers, bonus games, jackpots and free spins. The more bonuses a game offers, the higher the chance of winning.
- Max bet options: The betting limits will indicate whether or not a slot is for you, as this determines the bet sizes. If you're working with a smaller budget, choose one that has a low minimum bet and wide betting range.
- Provider: Not all providers are created equal. With that in mind, you should look at games from providers with the best reputations. Some of the top software providers who develop games for real money slots casinos include Microgaming, IGT, NetEnt, Quickspin, Yggdrasil, and Play'n GO.
Here is our quick video tutorial on how to play slots for real money.
Features of Real Money Slots
Although each slot machine has different traits and bonuses, the key features usually remain the same. We recommend your pay attention to these core mechanics and features as they will improve your experience and chances to win:
- Reels: Reels are the main element of all online slots. Those are the symbols you spin when playing a slot game. Nowadays, the most popular slot variants available at casino sites are five-reel slots, but you can also play traditional three-reel games and more.
- Payline: Payline refers to the combination of matching symbols that you have to land in order to generate a win. On traditional three-reel slot machines, the payline is the central row along with the reels. Today, however, you can play multi payline slots, featuring even up to hundreds or thousands of paylines.
- Pay Tables: The paytable will provide you with all the information regarding winning combinations, scatter symbols, payouts, bonus winnings, free spins, etc. As a rule of thumb, you should always study it carefully before you play online slots for real money. Usually, you should be able to access the paytable from the main screen of the game.
- Multipliers: Most real money slot games will award different multipliers as part of their bonus features. The size of the multiplier and how you can win it will depend on the game.
- Wilds: It is very important to identify this symbol in each slot. Because Wilds can substitute for other symbols on the reels and help to make winning combinations.
- Scatters: This symbol is the one that usually triggers a bonus feature such as free spins. In the majority of slots, to get this feature, you will need to land at least three scatters on the reels. The number of free spins that will be awarded depends on the slot, which is where checking the slot information comes in useful.
- Bonus games: A range of other bonuses can pop up in these types of slots. Some slots offer select-to-win games, bonus buys, double or nothing gambles, Wheel of Fortune games, and a whole lot more. These bonus games will award a range of additional prizes, including free spins, extra coins, and more.
Want to know more? We recommend visiting our Guides section, which provides additional information on online slot game features.