Wild symbols act just like the Joker in card games: it can be used as a substitute for other symbols in order to complete winning combinations.
- The idea behind the inclusion of a wild symbol in slot games is that it completes combinations that would have never been possible without it.
- Wild symbols can turn losing combinations into a winner and it also adds the element of more randomness, excitement and anticipation to the slot machine.
- In the majority of classic and video slots, the only symbols that can be replaced by a wild are the scatter or bonus icons.
Play Online Slots with Wild Symbols at these Online Casinos
- $1000 free money bonus
- Massive slots collection to keep you entertained for hours
- Licensed in the UK and Malta
- Founded in 2006 and official sponsor to West Ham United
- Claim $1600 Free over 4 deposit match bonuses
- Many deposit options incl; Visa, PayPal, Neteller, Ukash
- Super Fast cash outs and 24 hour customer service
- The "home of Jackpots"
What do Wild Symbols do?
The slots game has dramatically changed due to the advances of technology and new systems. Today, video slots are a lot like video games.
- Wild symbols contribute in many winning combinations and when they do, they often spring to life in unique and exciting ways. For example, there are television and movie themed online slots that include clips and video-bites from the films they are based on.
- The Wild Symbol is also used as a multiplier in many online slots. These multipliers increase winnings for the player and when multiple wild symbols are hit on a winning combination, they stack together to make some serious payouts for the player.
- Bonus rounds are inspired by the evolution of the wild symbol in modern video slots. The scatter symbol is generally used to trigger second screen bonus rounds and free spin rounds, but some video slots also use the wild symbol for this purpose and it is best to know the game before you play.
Various Combinations to a Wild Symbol
Many of the second screen bonus games are characterized by special varieties of wilds, such as stacks, expanding wilds, trailing wilds, and many many more.
- Stacked wilds are a group of wild symbols that are stacked on top of each other and stick when the reels spin. These wilds could potentially turn the entire reel wild and in slot games that add multipliers to wild winning combinations, stacked wilds provide major wins for the player.
- Expanding wilds will trigger and be shown in some of the better slot game bonus features. As the name suggests, expand the wilds to stretch out to turn other icons of the reel too. Often entire reels turn wild with games that feature expanding wilds.
- Trailing wilds are, in a sense, similar to expanding wilds but they refer to wild symbols that leave a visible trail when the reel spins, if the trail touches other symbols it will sometimes turn them into wilds as well.
Wild Symbols make up such a variety and combination that they are often used in many types of games. Games that offer both a high and low variance will feature Wild Symbols that increase a players chance of forming winning combinations.