Online casinos are a booming business. They focus on the comfort of the players ensuring one can stay at home and play from one’s comfort zone to make money. But it is very important to understand and know which casinos are trustworthy and safe; sometimes this is a real tough challenge though. So without wasting energy traveling in traffic or having the expenditure of the casinos’ hotel. Money making through gambling is made easy provided you choose the right online casinos brand.
People can play online anytime anywhere as per their convenience, be it at night after a hectic work schedule or as time passing entertainment while sitting idle at home. The main languages of communication across the trusted online casinos in Canada are English and French. Look out for your specific flag on the website so that you can play in the language of your choice. This will also ensure that all the T&C’s are easily understood.
Safe, reputable Canadian Online Casinos
- For Slot Junkies, it doesn't get better than All Sots
- Generous new player sign-up offer of $1600 FREE
- Play slots directly from your mobile device or PC
- Enjoy the thrills and join today!
Why trust SlotsOnlineCanada.com
Obviously, you don’t want to risk losing your money to rogue casino groups. This is why we have listed safe online casinos in Canada that you can trust. When you choose them you can be sure of protecting your privacy and playing safely. We aim at helping you enjoy the best gambling experience by only listing the most reputable online casinos in Canada. Our advice comes with a little insider knowledge that we hope will give you a little edge.
Before you click off we suggest reading through a few of these key points and we would also like to recommend that you take a look at another post we wrote about securing your mobile casino deposits – you just cant be too careful.
What trust cues to look out for
There are certain features that players must look out for while searching for a casino in order to know whether they will be safe and secure.
- Good percentages payback and high bonus: Reputed and reliable online casinos generally offer a good percentage payback and high bonus. Hence, it is always better to go with a reputable online casino rather than opting for one that does not have any reputation as such in the market.
- Security measures: It is essential to check whether online casino use Digital Encryption Technology for safe and secure transactions. Generally casinos that use SSL, TLS and HTTP protocols are able to offer better service to clients as far as protecting the confidential information about the players concerned.
- Certification: Choosing just any casino or the ones that are not certified or regulated can be very risky as they can easily be hacked or may be involved in some sort of crime. Regulated online casinos in Canada are the best option to go with. It is better for clients to select the casinos that have been checked and certified by a third party like the eCogra. This would increase the safety of the transaction as well as the authenticity of the online platform through which the player is likely to play.
What to avoid
There are certain things that players must avoid while choosing an online casino in order to have the best possible service.
- New casinos: Playing with new casinos is not a good option for those who are concerned with the safety of their investment. It is not that new casinos would siphon money in an illegal way or that they are more vulnerable to hacking, they are simply new in the business and players may find it difficult to play through them.
- Unlicensed casinos: Most casinos that have a solid reputation are licensed in Malta. Whats more, they generally have a reputable gambling software provider like Microgaming or Net Entertainment
- Poor odds: Most reputable online casinos will display what the return to player percentage is for each game type and in some instances down to game level. Don’t get caught out playing highly volatile games which could leave you having a bad experience.
Important facts on Gambling in Canada
- The Criminal Code: The Criminal Code of Canada does not make it illegal to gamble online unless it falls under recognized areas of the code.
- No Charges: Though it is still a question on the legal coverage of gambling in Canada, no person has ever been charged with the crime of playing online in Canada.
- Canadian vs. U.S. Law: One key difference between the laws of the two countries is: the U.S. does not grant states the right to run online gambling sites, but in Canada, provinces have the right to allow and license online casinos as they please. They have a regulating body to manage and control.
- Sports Betting: Betting on sporting events online is not illegal under Canadian law, which allows the player to bet on three or more matches only. An effort is however being made to remove that restriction from the Criminal Code and start the same on single sporting event soon.
- Poker: There are a number of online poker sites available within Canada. While none of these sites, apart from the ones housed on Indian reserves, are hosted from within the country, no law has been passed prohibiting Canadians from gambling on such sites.
- Taxes on gambling: Canadian law dictates that gambling winnings are generally not taxed unless deemed to be gained through a business related transaction. If one is a professional poker player, taxes may apply, but for gamers playing just for fun, winnings should be tax free.
Regulators and Gaming Authorities in Canada
The purpose of having a regulatory body is to ensure the casinos are operated and regulated in a fair manner. If a site breaks one of the rules set by the regulators, its license can be pulled and it would no longer be able to offer its services of casinos. Presently, each province in Canada regulates and monitors its own online gambling sites.
So, in a nut shell, sign-up bonus is not the only thing that is taken into consideration while choosing a safe online casino in Canada, the selection of games has to be impressive as well. Starting from online slots to video pokers to roulette or Blackjack, choosing the one to start with, is just a click away.