Mastercard is a preferred payment method for Canadian real money gamblers as it is safe, fast, and widely accepted at leading online casinos. Mastercard is an American credit card that has been in use since 1966.
Using Mastercard for Online Casino Deposits
When you are ready to make your first deposit into your online casino account using your Mastercard, simply go to the casino’s banking page and select Mastercard as a deposit option under the cashier section. You will be prompted to input the 16-digit number on the front of the card, as well as the security code on the back. In addition, some sites may require a secure code for extra security. The process generally takes a few minutes and your funds will be available for you to play your favourite slots and other casino games immediately.
For those players who don’t quality for a credit card, or simply wish not to play with funds they don’t have, there is an alternative solution. Mastercard debit cards can be pre-loaded with funds directly from your bank account and then used as you would the normal credit card (minus the credit card fees!) at any online casino which accepts it.
- Mastercard is extremely safe to use – there is very little chance of your funds going missing!
- Monthly statements will allow you to keep track of your gambling spend and other transactions.
- Funding your casino account is instantaneous.
- The process involved when using Mastercard to make online payments is quick and easy.
- Players can benefit from a lower deposit threshold when using Mastercard as opposed to other methods.
- Deposit fees associated with Mastercard are minimal.
- Some casinos incentivize players who use Mastercard when making deposits with special promotions and / or bonuses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe and legal to use Mastercard for online gambling?
Mastercard make no objections to customers using its services for online gambling deposits. Transactions are protected using layers of cutting-edge security measures in addition to your secret pin code. And in the event that your funds do go missing, Mastercard usually take full liability and will reimburse you for the total value.
Do I have to pay any fees when funding my casino account with Mastercard?
Yes, there will be banking fees involved as with any other credit card, but the casino won’t charge you extra for using your Mastercard. The processing fee is typically quite small, but there will be an additional charge if you are playing at a foreign site and your currency needs to be converted. Note that sometimes Mastercard will treat gambling deposits as cash transactions, which carry steeper fees, so best to check beforehand.
Can I also use Mastercard to make casino withdrawals?
While most gambling websites will allow Mastercard deposits, withdrawals are not as widely permitted. Check with the casino cashier before attempting to cash-out.
What if the online casino does not accept Mastercard?
You can use either your Mastercard credit- or prepaid card to fund an e-wallet account, from which you can then safely make casino deposits and withdrawals.
Leading Canadian Mastercard Casinos in 2018
- For the best in amazing mobile gambling
- $1000 welcome offer over 4 match deposits + 222 free spins
- 350+ games to keep you entertained for hours
- Named "King of Mobile Casinos" for a reason!
- Canadian favourite loved by millions
- They offer great support, bonuses and ongoing promotions
- Play your favourite slots on desktop, tablet or mobile phone
- Kick start your slots action today for hours of entertainment